11.4.08

Jump around

Do you guyes remember Hippity Hop balls? Those big balls with handles on them that were pretty popular in the 70s and 80s where a kid would sit on it, hold on to the handles, and then hop up and down?

Well, some coworkers and myself decided to order some adult-sized hippity hop ballsfor the office.

Though I must admit they are a little more fun in theory than in practice.

After working a sore arm from pumping up my ball for about 30 minutes, I was ready for the fun to start.


Maybe a little TOO ready.

Upon my first "hop" back to my cubicle, I promptly fell backwards onto my ass.

Not to be defeated, however, I got back 'on the ball' (bad pun intended --sorry) and attempted to hop the 20 feet back to my desk. I didn't quite make it and succeeded in disrupting the whole floor on my way ("hopping," apparently, is quite loud and the idea of 13 of us hopping through the hallways makes me think of what a herd of elephants might sound like).

We went to one meeting all on our balls...and then the ($20) novelty sort of wore off. Sigh. So my ball sits under my desk, only to be used on the occassions where I feel especially lathargic.



Maybe I'll get another one for David and head to the park with them when the sun comes out...

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Welcome back to the blog! I thought you were gone forever.

My mother-in-law has a child-size one that I still attempt to hop around on sometimes (unsuccessfully). Good to know there are adult ones!