6.3.07

in the footsteps of Lewis and Clark


It was just one of those things…those things that you KNOW you need to do that sort of hit you all of a sudden.

Which is how I realized that if I want to move to Portland, I can’t sit around and waste any more time. I’m going to say that it was Monday of last week when it hit me: I’ve got to start saving money. So its really a simple solution that for whatever reason I have failed to recognize until just recently. Or maybe its kind of like what happens when I decide I need a hair cut; there is no dancing around the issue. I wake up one morning and just KNOW…end of story.

And now that I think about it, a lot of the “bigger” decisions in my life have come about that way (moving to France, going to grad school, getting married…)

So now the real issue: being patient. So much of me just wants to pack up our stuff and go right now, no looking back. Can we do it in 6 months? Ready, set….go!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Why Portland? Besides the obvious answer of "Why not?"

jillmaren said...

Because its GREEN! And near the ocean!
Actually, David used to live there and really misses it. And I've always loved the NW so yeah, basically, "why not?"